We are looking for Residential/Light Commercial Electrical Service Technicians to join our team who are committed to providing professional, quality electrical service that exceeds our customers’ expectations. Our Technicians are the face to our customers and need to be capable of accurately assessing each service opportunity, properly quoting, executing the work, collecting payment for services and leaving our customers highly satisfied with our electrical solutions.
The ideal candidate must be interested in helping grow our service business, advance his job knowledge and have 5 years minimum of residential electrical experience with some light commercial experience. Must have a good understanding of the NEC and local requirements, have own tools and clean driving record. Must be honest and have the highest integrity, personable and customer focused, have professional appearance and a willingness to consistently go above and beyond expectations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Knowledge and ability to install wiring and electrical parts in accordance with NEC.
- Provide high quality of work, with the end result being a service/solution that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectation and is in compliance with NEC and local requirements
- Successful execution (accurately estimate, prepare quote and win opportunities utilizing existing company methods) of various electrical in-home and/or commercial service calls
- Execute (assess, quote, win and complete) small-scale service project (service upgrades, remodels, commercial up-fits, etc.) to success from start to finish with highest quality of craftsmanship. The customer base includes residential customers, small commercial businesses, property management companies and/or service maintenance companies.
- Ensure calls are completed as scheduled and within estimated time and materials
- Coordinate the ordering of materials, when needed, through operations.
- Work effectively within the service delivery team to ensure overall success and growth of the service group. This will include participating in group/team reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Communicates effectively with upper management with challenges, successes and needs to help drive value and superior service to our customers.
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of all necessary documentation to include invoicing and quoting information, and project updates.
- Assist with actively growing our customer base and range of services through growth-related initiatives.
- Other Duties as Assigned for success: The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned with or without notice based on the positions role within the business
- Craftsman mentality, capable of installing work in accordance to NEC along with excellent visual outcome.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is flexible with hours of work
- Detail oriented/Procedural focused
- Can do positive attitude
- Teachable, Resourceful, Mechanical, Quality Craftsman
- Self-motivated, proactive and an effective TEAM player
- Highly organized
- Clear and detailed communicator, verbal and written
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years of Residential and Light Commercial electrical work experience. Must be experienced in new construction electrical, remodel, troubleshooting and testing new and existing electrical, service calls, lighting, etc…
- Certification desired, must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; some additional college and electrical certifications preferred
- Excel at troubleshooting and diagnosing electrical challenges
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Passionate about your work and mission of the company
- Knows how to establish customer rapport
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to coordinate own actions and manage own time
- Strong desire to be the best technician, willing and capable of learning new applications/methods.
- Good Communicator; verbally and in written format
- Able to maintain a clean, safe driving record and valid driver’s license
We offer competitive compensation, health benefits, 401k Retirement plan and tools/resources to maximize role ability.