We are looking for a Residential Electrical Project Manager to join our team who is committed to providing professional, quality electrical service that exceed our customers’ expectations. This is a critical role that is responsible for overseeing projects from planning through completion and ensuring client satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service. All aspects of the assigned project(s) must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, financial management, customer-care and customer delivery goals. He/she will drive projects from planning and development, through delivery and customer satisfaction. Daily tasks will include project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, while providing technical direction to field staff and ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards. You will be the overall manager for assigned project(s) which average in size between $7k and $60K.
The right candidate will have several years of Residential Electrical Project Management experience, with a Design-Build skill sets, and a history of delivering quality projects on time and within established standards. If you have excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a desire to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple jobs simultaneously, from ground up, in a fast paced, detail oriented environment while providing best in class service
- Monitor electrical wiring and installation activities in conjunction with the Crew leader to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within performance expectations
- Manage the workload distribution and monitor job installation progress.
- Fully understand the assigned project scope and interface with others on the project to ensure job commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
- Participate in meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Manage project from start to finish
- Manage all related quality and safety issues on customer work.
- Visits job sites regularly to coordinate and identify and plan for manpower and material needs as well as installation techniques
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project.
- Negotiate, escalate and assist with resolving customer concerns
- When needed, estimate change orders for assigned projects
- Must be willing and able to work in the field as needed.
- Acts as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- Assist in labor projections and field employee reviews.
- Assist in daily departure of all crews on their assignments
- Assist with scheduling and progress updates
- Works with Crew Leader and Developer to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with electrical construction projects
- Set clear goals and expectation to crew leaders and members
- Confer with supervisors, Developer, and Crew Leader to discuss matters such as work procedures, complaints, and installation problems
- Provide coaching/counseling to crew leaders and other members as required
- Provide guidance and mentoring to employees in order to meet all customer and Company goals and objectives.
- Exceed client’s expectations and deliver outstanding customer service and customer satisfaction
- Conduct QA’s on assigned jobs to ensure work is complete
- Participate in post project reviews to help determine areas for future improvement
- Other Duties as Assigned for success:
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned with or without notice based on the positions role within the business
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is flexible with hours of work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedure
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources
- Able to instruct and mentor fellow employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret job cards, prints, specifications, drawings, schematics, diagrams, and instructional information.
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must have proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must be able to travel within our coverage region regularly.
- Hands-on experience with completion of challenging field construction work.
- Ability to lead crews on job sites
- Ability to left 50 lbs. or more
- Have Personal tools
- Possess valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of current Residential Electrical experience required; 3 of which were at the level that required extensive project management work
- 3-5 years successful electrical Project Management experience
- Residential Electrical experience
- Prior experience in electrical estimating preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Must have prior demonstrated experience managing projects valued at a minimum of $8k
- Working knowledge of local and NEC requirements
- Demonstrated technical knowledge
- Strong aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Project Manager and electrical estimation software
- Willingness to consistently go above and beyond
- Can do positive attitude
- Detailed Oriented/Procedural Focused
- Personable and customer focused demeanor
- Journeyman License
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holiday
- Health insurance
- 401K Retirement plan
- Cell Phone and computer for professional use