We are looking for an experienced Residential Electrical Project Manager to join our team. An individual who is committed to providing professional, quality electrical service that exceed our customers’ expectations. This is a critical role that is responsible for overseeing electrical projects from planning through completion and ensuring client satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service. All aspects of the assigned project(s) must be carried out as efficiently as possible with respect to staffing, materials management, NEC code compliance, installations, financial management, customer-care and customer delivery goals. He/she will drive projects from planning and development, through delivery and customer satisfaction. Daily tasks will include project planning, oversight, execution and resource allocation, while providing electrical technical direction to field staff and ensuring compliance with quality and safety standards. You will be the overall manager for assigned project(s), which average in size between $7k and $70K.
The right candidate will have several years of Residential Electrical Installation and Project Management experience, with an Electrical Design-Build skill set, and a history of delivering quality projects on time and within established standards. This is a working manager position, where 75% of the time is spent in the field. If you have excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, and a desire to be part of something special, we would love to hear from you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple jobs simultaneously, from start to finish, in a fast paced, detail oriented environment while providing best in class service
- Monitor electrical wiring and installation activities in conjunction with the Crew leader, Developer and CEO to ensure project is planned, organized and being built on schedule, and within performance expectations
- Manage the workload distribution and monitor job installation progress.
- Fully understand the assigned project scope and interface with others on the project to ensure job commitments are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage all related quality and safety issues on customer work.
- Visits job sites regularly to coordinate and identify and plan for manpower and material needs as well as installation techniques
- Supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project and estimate change orders when needed.
- Negotiate, escalate and assist with resolving customer concerns
- Must be willing and able to work in the field as needed.
- Assist in daily departure of all crews on their assignments
- Works with Crew Leader and Developer to plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with electrical construction projects
- Set clear goals and expectation to crew leaders and members
- Confer with internal resources and management to discuss matters such as work procedures, complaints, and installation problems
- Conduct QA’s on assigned jobs to ensure all work is completed on time
- Participate in post project reviews to help determine areas for future improvement
- Other Duties as Assigned for success:
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned with or without notice based on the positions role within the business
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is honest and has the highest integrity
- Is flexible with hours of work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of NEC requirements within Residential applications
- Over 8 years’ experience in residential installations, from start to finish
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, changing priorities as necessary while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources
- Able to instruct and mentor fellow employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret job cards, prints, specifications, drawings, schematics, diagrams, and instructional information.
- Must have proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to travel within our coverage region regularly.
- Hands-on experience with completion of challenging field construction work.
- Ability to left 50 lbs. or more
- Have Personal tools
- Possess valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
Desired Skills and Experience
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; Associates’ Degree or higher preferred.
- At least 8 years of current Residential Electrical experience required; 3 of which were at the level that required extensive project management work
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience as an Electrical Project Manager managing projects valued at a minimum of $7k
- Working knowledge, certification, and/or licensing of local and NEC requirements
- Strong aptitude and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Electrical estimation software a plus
- Willingness to consistently go above and beyond
- Detailed Oriented/Procedural Focused with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Personable and customer focused demeanor
- Journeyman License
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off including vacation, sick and holiday
- Health insurance
- 401K Retirement plan
- Cell Phone and computer for professional use