We are looking to add an Estimator/Designer to our sales team to assist with the growing demand of our high-end custom residential electrical services. We seek a person who is well-versed in residential electrical and lighting systems and is passionate about assisting with the take-off process and design process of high-end electrical systems, which support both common electrical parts and specialty electrical parts and lighting. Our ideal candidate has experience in residential electrical installation and construction, allowing them to understand the needs of the workforce while able to give a high level of attention to detail to fulfilling what a project specifies at the work. By ensuring we start a process well, this person will create greater opportunities for us to finish well. This candidate must thrive in learning, applying, and successfully fulfilling accurate electrical parts for various applications as we transform power into life as a team and for our customer.
This position will assist with the full bid/design-cycle process from pre-bid to post-bid activities targeted at winning projects that are in line with QEC objectives. Our ideal candidate will:
- Have extensive knowledge of residential electrical parts.
- Have extensive knowledge of residential lighting.
- Have extensive knowledge of residential installations.
- Be detail-oriented and able to review and understand project bid documents, including plans, specifications, and any other related correspondence for a project.
- Be able to conference with internal resources, as needed, to gather and/or review information pertinent to each bid opportunity, whether small or large opportunities.
- Be able to decipher information and able to create accurate estimates that allow efficient installs.
- Perform all necessary take-offs on time.
- Issue RFQ to vendors, as needed, to support estimate preparation and follow up to ensure timely response to meet required deadlines.
- Assist sales/project managers with estimating related to change orders.
- Prepare estimate of material, subcontract services, and equipment costs for each proposal.
- Take extra measures of communication to ensure quality and accuracy of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Assist the Sales Manager with preparation of final proposal documents.
- Participate in and attend internal and external proposal request meetings.
- Visit project sites, as needed, with Sales Manager to gather any additional project-specific information needed to prepare a proposal.
- Provide the sales team with timely, accurate and comprehensive estimates to support presentation of a quality proposal that speaks directly to the type of work being offered.
- Assist with follow-up and tracking of issued proposals.
- Assist with preparation of hand-off documentation for the project starts.
- Respond to questions as needed from the management and installation teams as we execute approved projects.
- Build and maintain successful relationships with vendors and suppliers.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of installation and 2 years estimating, engineering or similar experience related to residential electrical installation/contracting.
- Background in electrical installations and specialty lighting.
- Working knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Good communication skills, verbal and written.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings and bid specifications.
- Able to design build electrical systems, including lighting design.
- Exceptional computer skills, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and estimating software.
- High level of Work Ethic 101 – being honest, showing initiative, and motivated for team success while having the ability to successfully manage self in multiple requirements.
We offer competitive compensation based on your experience, starting at $45,000 – $65,000 range, including health benefits, 401k retirement plan, and resources to maximize your success in this role.
About Quality Electrical Contractors, LLC:
We are a small family business that is transforming power into life. We are based in Greenville, SC. We want our team to deliver our customers exceptional service each and every time we service them, turning these individuals into life-long customers.
The products and services of Quality Electrical Contractors enhance a customer’s home and business by offering a wide range of controls, lighting concepts, and design ideas, always keeping in mind even the aesthetics of a completed application. QEC installs solutions in line with our customers’ ideas, or we assist them with professional electrical design experience to better enhance their home or building’s presentation and function.
Quality Electrical Contractors has over 40 years of electrical service experience. QEC is unique when it comes to electrical contractors in Greenville, SC and Asheville, NC. We specialize in residential and small-scale commercial electrical needs. The QEC team is able to design, plan, install, maintain, inspect, and service all electrical systems. If you are driven by the same mission we are and have the above qualifications, WE WANT YOU TO JOIN OUR TEAM. Please apply.