We are looking for a Senior Service Technician to join our team who is committed to providing professional, quality electrical service that exceeds our customers’ expectations. This is a critical role that will drive service projects from planning and development (meeting with customers to develop a scope of work), estimating, winning; through execution and customer satisfaction. Will also be responsible for working with management to ensure other technicians are trained and capable of accurately assessing each service opportunity, properly quoting, executing the work, collecting payment for services and leaving our customers highly satisfied with our electrical solutions.
The ideal candidate must be interested in helping grow our service business and have 5 years minimum of residential electrical experience with some light commercial experience. Must have a good understanding of the NEC and local requirements, have own tools and clean driving record. Must be honest and have the highest integrity, personable and customer focused, have professional appearance and a willingness to consistently go above and beyond.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage/oversee self and others to successfully complete (accurately estimate, prepare quote and win opportunities utilizing existing company methods) various electrical in-home and/or commercial service calls
- Assess, quote and complete service/commercial /remodel service projects
- Project manage/execute small scale service project (service upgrades, remodels, commercial, etc.) to success from start to finish with highest quality of craftsmanship. The customer base includes residential customers, small commercial businesses, property management companies and/or service maintenance companies.
- Monitor and control service project independently through on-site technician to ensure calls are completed as scheduled and within estimated time and materials
- Will be able and willing to execute and service own calls or assist other techs as needed to successful complete their calls. This is a working, hands-on role that will have opportunity for advancement.
- Provide high quality of work, with the end result being a service/solution that meets or exceeds the customer’s expectation and is in compliance with NEC and local requirements
- Train and develop the skills of other technicians through instruction and mentoring, to ensure thorough, accurate, quality electrical repairs, installations and/or upgrades.
- Provide coaching/counseling to other service technicians and assist with their reviews and on-going development.
- Coordinate scheduling with Service/Business Development Manager to ensure assignment of appropriate team members to best service each call; to include helping with daily departure of techs, providing instruction/guidance and monitoring progression of each service technician work assignment as needed.
- Coordinate the ordering of materials, when needed, through operations.
- Work effectively within the service delivery team to ensure overall success and growth of the service group. This will include participating in group/team reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Communicates effectively with upper management with challenges, successes and needs to help drive value and superior service to our customers.
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of all necessary documentation to include invoicing and quoting information, time cards and project updates.
- Assist with actively growing our customer base and range of services through growth-related initiatives.
- Other Duties as Assigned for success:
The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned with or without notice based on the positions role within the business
- Manages self/Superior Career discipline
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment
- Sets the example for others and is above reproach
- Is flexible with hours of work
- Detail oriented/Procedural focused
- Can do positive attitude
- Teachable, Resourceful, Mechanical, Quality Craftsman
- Self-motivated, proactive and an effective TEAM player
- Highly organized
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5+ years of Residential Electrical work experience. Must be experienced in new construction electrical, remodel, troubleshooting and testing new and existing electrical, service calls, lighting, etc…
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency; some additional college and electrical certifications preferred
- Knowledge of local electrical codes and ability to make on-the-job applications.
- Passionate about your work and mission of the company
- Knows how to establish customer rapport
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to coordinate own and others’ actions, manage own time and manage personnel resources
- Strong desire to be the best technician, willing and capable of learning new applications/methods.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office and electrical estimation software/tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Clean, safe driving record and valid driver’s license
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and tools/resources to maximize role ability.